Specifier – Systems + Design Guide
Systems +, powered by USG Boral, is a comprehensive manual designed for building designers, builders, certifiers and plastering contractors dealing with fire rated and acoustic construction. It provides structural performance data and installation specifications for a wide range of USG Boral building systems, including lightweight wall and ceiling systems, masonry upgrades and beam/column fire protection systems.
Systems + incorporates a range of Fletcher Insulation products which allows Architects and Specifiers to readily specify full system solutions that incorporate Australia’s most loved and trusted brands.
Systems + lists fire rated wall systems up to FRL –/240/240 and 180/180/180.
Fire rated ceiling systems are available up to FRL 120/120/120 (from below) and beam/column fire protection systems up to FRL 180/–/– .
A wide range of acoustic systems are available to satisfy National Construction Code (NCC) and other performance requirements. Such systems include plasterboard wall and ceiling systems with Rw+Ctr=50 or higher, and a range of acoustic ceiling tiles up to NRC = 1.00.
USG Boral systems have been assessed to meet the relevant requirements of Australian Standards and the National Construction Code:
Fire testing and assessment has been conducted in accordance with AS 1530.4 Methods for fire tests on building materials, components and structures — Fire resistance test of elements of construction and have been carried out by:
- CSIRO, Manufacturing and Infrastructure Technology, North Ryde, NSW
- Warrington Fire Research, Dandenong, Victoria
- BHP Research, Clayton, Victoria
- BRANZ, Judgeford, New Zealand.
- All acoustic ratings outlined in the publication have been verified by acoustic consultants Renzo Tonin & Associates (RT&A). Acoustic ratings are based on similar tested systems.
- Structural testing of wall systems has been carried out at the NATA registered laboratories of USG Boral at Port Melbourne. Structural appraisal of the systems was carried out by Wynton Stone Australia Pty Ltd and Taylor Thomson Whitting of Melbourne.
Fire, acoustic and structural test reports and opinions can be made available on request from USG Boral. You can be sure that Systems + has a design solution to satisfy your building design needs.
Click here to download View Systems + guide.